Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Riri Satria


http://www.ririsatria.net/2008/ 05/01/provokasi-by-prasetya-m-brata/


Yesterday, I got a book from my friend, Prasetya M. Brata, and this is his first book, titled "Provokasi" or "Provocation" in English. Thank you PRass ! This is a compilation of his various articles published on his blog. PRass is a friend, a nice person to discuss with, and also business partner.

From his blog : "Saya sendiri juga baru jadi penulis pemula. Buku ini adalah karya perdana ... "Pasang niat, duduk di depan laptop, baca 'Bismillah', lalu ketik huruf pertama, nanti kan jadi buku ..." (Prass' blog .. click here)

I knew him a few years ago as a marketing person, with lots of marketing ideas. That was when I was assigned as consultant for strategic management process at AJB Bumiputera 1912, the eldest and largest life insurance provider in Indoensia. He is a lecturer in marketing management at Master of Management program University of Indonesia. Then Prass promoted to become the Chairman of Dharma Bumiputera Foundation, and I guess he is the youngest chairman that ever be there in the history. That is why, sometimes I call him as "Mr Chairman".

I could see a shifting process in his life, from a systematic marketing guy to a mental or mind provocation guy, where hypnosis, NLP, etc, are the main focus now. A few years-ago, when I talk with him, I heard the words such as 'strategy', 'marketing', 'selling process', etc ... but how, I hear "mental model", "unconscious mind", etc ...Wow Man, what a great shifting !

I believe this is a process for Prass to find the most fundamental aspects to made life more beautiful, more meanings, and to improve the life itself ... I enjoy reading this book, and found that Prass has something to say to make everything in life is getting better and better ...

Congratulations Prass ... and again, thank you for the book ... and we are waiting for the next ones, ... good luck Prass !

No comments: